Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Birthday


Hi and thanks for stopping by today. I would also like to say thank you to my new followers!
This week at Cooking With Cricut, the challenge is all about Birthdays. Also a bonus challenge is to use one of the two lovely sketches provided by Melin. Needing a birthday card for today, I am using the card sketch.
The white card base is 6 1/2x5. The background paper is cut 6 1/4x 4 3/4. My papers are Martha Stewart playful pink double-sided pad that I have had for quite some time. Using Cricut Lacy Labels, I cut the labels at 4 1/2 inches and used the Cuttlebug Divine Swirls on the patterned paper. The white mat is embossed with the Happy Birthday folder. For the cake, I used Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge page 40. It is cut 3 inches. This week's sponsor for the challenge is Peachy Keen Stamps. I wanted to give my cake a cute little smile. I used one of the Snow Cuties 1 1/8 for the face. I won these stamps recently and I enjoy using them! I would love to have more of the stamps!
Lots on Martha Stewart ink and pop-dots for the cake.


For the inside of my card,  I cut Happy Birthday also from Sweet Treats. It is on page 56 and is cut at 2 inches. I added two different strips of the paper for a little more contrast.
Hope you enjoy my card!


19 comments:

  1. Glenda, this card is just adorable! I love that sweet little face and I adore all the pink and green...great card!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda this is a beautiful card!! I love it!

    Lots of Cricut Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, your cards always rock! Glad you are back at CWC!! Love the embossing, the choice of patterned papers, the PKS face! This card is just all around adorable:) TFS and thanks for joining us again at Cooking With Cricut.
    ~Madison CWCDT www.funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Job! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Cooking with Cricut! See ya next week! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so cute, Glenda. I love that sweet face stamp. Love, love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! Love the little face on the cake. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a sweet card !! LOVE all the layers !!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Glenda! This is SO CUTE! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a precious card, Glenda! And you totally rocked Melin's sketch. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute Glenda. I love the smiley face on the cake and all of the embossing.....Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glenda, I just love the card you made. The colors and design are so so pretty!! So Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goossshhh your card is so pretty... so girly ! Love those colors.
    Thanks for share with us this week at CWC and good luck with our challenge.

    Have a great Monday ;-)
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable, I love that little face on the cake. too cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut :)
    - CWCDT www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glendale, this birthday card is just darling. Papers and color are perfect. Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving a sweet comment on our BBTB2 project.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card. I love all the colors and the embossing. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut, we hope to see you back again soon :)

    michelle (CWC DT)
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glenda,

    You are so very talented!!! :) I love this cute card! And the colors could not be more perfect (great choice on the papers!)!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete