Sunday, January 23, 2011

Present for you


Hi everyone! Hope your weekend is going great! As I am needing several more Valentines, I wanted to do this card using the Jitterbuggin' challenge this week. This week, using any sketch, our cards are to be based on brown and only one other accent color. Also we must add a bow somewhere on the card. The pretty brown and pink polka dot paper from Paper Pizazz caught my eye and I knew my accent color would be pink. My favorite color--why not! The polka dot paper is layered on top of the white 6 1/2 X 5 inches card. I continued with more paper layers. Martha Stewart Lace Heart is used on two sides of the pink paper from K&Company Valentine pack. The cream/polka dot paper is from Paper Studio Mirabelle paper pack and is embossed with the Cuttlebug Hearts folder. I used the Martha Stewart scoreboard to score lines on the paper and mounted it on the solid brown paper which also was scored on each side.
Cricut cartridge:
Sweethearts- Puppy on page 44 is cut 3 inches; brown/pink polka dot paper bow is cut 1 1/4 inches found on page 55 and the sentiment For you is cut 1 1/2 inches found on page 52.
I added pink heart gemstones for the eyes and little pink bow for a little more detail on the puppy. Pop-dotted the puppy. Lots of inking and used white Gelly roll pen for the accents.
Hope you enjoy! Your comments are always appreciated!


8 comments:

  1. Glenda the dog cut is so cute. I love the heart buttons for eyes and that adorable pink bow in her hair. Cute times ten......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this card put a smile on my face! How cute is that dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! I love the dog and the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that little dog.....love the embossing and heart border.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute puppy....and love the embossing on the polka dot paper!!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute !! I just love that lil fella !!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card, Glenda!!! :) I love that little pup from the Sweethearts cartridge!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete