Friday, April 22, 2011

Nate's ABCs - Bunny Rabbit


I have seen really cute cards made using Cricut Nate's ABCs cartridge, so I had to join in on the fun! For my first cut using this cartridge, I am using the rabbit for an Easter card for my grandson. The card is 5 x 6 1/2 and is layered with plaid paper. The rabbit and all the layers are cut at 3 inches. This is found on page 34. For the mats, I used Font 1 shift key on page 50. The cream mat is 4 inches. There is no shadow cut so I cut the green mat at 4 1/4. Not quite perfect but it works ok.  The Cuttlebug folder Houndstooth was used on the cream mat. Lots of inking and the mats are pop dotted on the card. The Martha Stewart Bunny Hop edge punch was bought on clearance last year and has been waiting to be used. I punched the edge of the brown paper and then scored it with the Martha Stewart scoreboard. I am pleased with the results. A couple of corner punches and my card is finished!

Challenges:
Fantabulous Cricut - #56 Do the Bunny Hop - bunny or a chick
Cards for Men - #8 Easter
Cooking With Cricut - #26 Easter

Hope you enjoy my card! Your comments are always appreciated!



17 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I would love to have this cartridge. Nice job!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and pretty at the same time
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love that border at the bottom perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love it. Great color combination and the punch is perfect. Enjoy the new cart. I've used it for my Fantabulous Cricut card which will be posted on Monday.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenda this is adorable!! I have this cart and haven't had a chance to take a good look at it!!! I guess I will have to take it out and create!! I am looking for Kates ABC hard to find here!! I always look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

    Sandi (daveshunny)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, i really must use my cricut more!

    Thanks for joining us at CFM and hope to see you again for next challenge!

    Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really cute Glenda. I have this cart too but haven't used it yet. This cut is a perfect for a little boy. I'm sure your grandson will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say this is one of the best Easter cards I have seen. I love the colors and the cut is perfect.

    Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card love it, thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute...I love the border at the bottom! Thanks so much for playing along this week at FCCB! :o)

    Lisa N.
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the subtle colors you used! What a super card! Thanks for playing along at FCCB!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job. I just love this cartridge. TFS with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Glenda! Love that punched detail at the bottom. Thanks so much for joining our Easter challenge at Cooking with Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is this! I bet your grandson loved it! Thanks so much for joining us at Cooking With Cricut!

    Stacey ~ CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ver cute!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking with Cricut! :)

    ~Roberta, CWC Design Team
    www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete