Friday, June 3, 2011

Heartfelt Thanks


I am sharing a Criss-Cross card made for a Thank you card. I enjoy making these and they are really easy to make. The base of the card starts with two 4 1/4" x 11" pieces of cardstock. A piece of 4" x 5" patterned paper is needed for the criss cross. A great tutorial can be found at Splitcoaststampers.
I love this K&Company Water Color Bouquet tablet that I found at Michael's. It is double-sided and is gorgeous paper. All patterned paper is from the pack. White and green papers are Colorbok.
Cricut cartridges:
Paisley - Flower -Button feature on page 51. Large flower cut 1 1/2", 1 3/4", and 2". Small flowers cut 3/4" and 1".
Wild Card - Phrase on page 55 cut 14 inches. I know this sounds really large, but the phrases are designed for the card features. Green curls are the Icon feature on page 37 and are cut at 2 inches. I tried the flip function for one of the curls, but each time I tried, it was torn.

I cut a piece of 12' green cardstock with the Martha Stewart doily lace trim for the band around the card. Lots of inking, button, DMC Memory Thread, and gemstones!

Challenges:
My Sheri Crafts - #59 May Flowers and 1,2, 3 Recipe -1 button, 2 designer papers, 3 flowers. I think I got all that covered. Actually I used 4 different patterned papers from K&Company. Do I get extra points!!

Whew! I am running really late with getting this card online, but think I am beating the deadline! Would you believe after I took photos, the camera battery died! I had to recharge the battery a bit so I could get the photo on the post. 
Hope you enjoy the card!




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Glenda! Love the soft, muted colors and the flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I might need to try this criss-cross card soon. I did a stair-step card this week, but can't post it yet since it's for Joe's birthday. :)

    OH! And my mom told me about the great sales you found on paper at Ross. I went tonight and scored BIG too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. I love the border on the bottom and the pretty flowers. Nice touch!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Glenda, I love this beautiful card. That is a new fold to try. I am on vacation this week and playing in my craft room. I finally bought myself a scor-pal. It makes folding so easy. I just tried two folds but I have not decorated the cards yet. I like the spring fold card. I am so happy that you are a guest designer.I am having fun aren't you?????

    ReplyDelete