Sunday, June 17, 2012

Just Rite color challenge

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

Thanks for stopping by today! Today's card is inspired by the Just Rite Challenge # 075 - Color Challenge of Aqua, Apricot, and Orange. When I saw the colors for the challenge and the design team's pretty and inspirational work, I thought of some K&Company double-sided papers that I have had for a long time. Sometimes a friend and I will buy paper pads and divide the papers. These are such papers and I do not know the name of this particular K&Company pad. These are not colors that I normally use, but I enjoyed working with the papers and colors for the challenge!
Card is 5" x 6 1/2" brown cardstock and is layered with a patterned 5" X 6 1/2" designer paper. The design is a play with one of the sketches from June 2012 PageMaps.
I know you are seeing a lot of rosettes on my projects lately but I enjoy making rosettes. The designer paper is cut 1" and scored at each 1/4". An aqua blue brad is placed in the middle and then I added the rhinestone for a bit of bling!

Cricut Cartridge: Lovely Floral - Butterfly cut 1.75". Stickles used on the butterfly for a little bling. Would you believe I could not find the appropriate size rhinestones in my stash!
Just Rite - Friendship Nested Sentiments. Yay! I received a few more stamps!
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Class Scalloped Rectangles Largest used on the mats and third largest used on the sentiment mat.
Spellbinders M-Bossabilities - Splendid Design B
Trims are from a friend! Thanks so much Charlotte. I enjoyed working with the pretty trims on the card!
Other supplies include aqua rhinestones and Versa Magic Gingerbread inking. The Sentiment mat and butterfly are pop-dotted.

Be sure to visit Just Rite challenge blog and see all the great inspiration by the design team. You have until Wednesday June 27 at 6:00 P.M. Central to enter your project!

Thanks for your comments!






6 comments:

  1. Great card, it really captures the festive mood of the photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda, Although this is not your normal style. The card is very pretty.It does look festive. I love it....also I would like to apologize for not entering your rose challenge. I looked through my cartridges and I don't have one cartridge that has a rose on it....Lot's of tulips but no rose. Perhaps next time....Your friend, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, very pretty! I like that your tried something different. Come see what Carri and I have been doing. : )

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh Glenda, How wonderful this card is!! I love rosettes and love when you make them. I should make more of them. Your card really captures the look and inspiration of the colors and the photo. It was a pleasure as always visiting your blog.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very fun! I love the rosette and that unique trim....what a great gift! Thanks for taking time to join us at JustRite Papercraft ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glenda, this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE your DP and that fabulous trim too -- great job on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete