Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bringing the tree - ACY


Having a little playtime, I used the pretty sketch chosen by Joy for the Santa's Slackers Challenge #13 on the Cricut Messageboard and came up with this card. I love the cuts from Cricut A Child's Year cartridge and have been wanting to use this particular cut on a Christmas card. Easy to pick this particular cut, but trying to choose paper was not so easy. K&Company Yuletide double-sided designer paper pack to the rescue, but now which page!! I chose the page with Santa, children, and the tree for my strips to compliment the Cricut cut. Following the sketch, I added a snowflake. Have you seen a green snowflake? Me either, but I thought green would be good!! To enhance the pretty green strip of paper with the snowflakes, I used the Martha Stewart Aspen Snowflake edge punch. Lots of inking.

Cricut cartridge: A Child's Year - girl, boy, tree on page 57 cut at 3 1/2 inches; snowflake on page 55 cut at 2 inches. Used a reverse cut from the MS punch for the center of snowflake.
Martha Stewart: Aspen Snowflake edge punch, ink

Challenge:
Santa's Slackers #13 - Follow sketch
Paper Cutz Challenge - #70 Use 2 kinds of patterned paper and any colors
Cooking With Cricut - #7 Beginning to look like Christmas - Decking the Halls
Sugar Sweet Paper Treats - Anything goes in December

This card will be mailed to a friend!! Hope she will enjoy it!
Thanks for visiting today! I appreciate your comments!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. I've always loved A Child's Year cartridge, but don't use it often. It's nice to see this cut done up. Thanks for playing along at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! I really need to get back to some of those Santa's Slackers challenges..... ::sigh:::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, This is so pretty, as usual. You make such lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your friend will like it. I love that Child's Year cartridge too. I like the way you used white rather than a dark (shadow) color for the cricut cut. Thanks for sharing with Paper Cutz challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Glenda! I love the paper and the antique feeling of the card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking With Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!, especially your choice of patterned papers. You have a wonderful eye for combining papers and making it all work.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friend actually LOVES her card from you!!! Thank you SOOOOO much! It is gorgeous!!! It will be showed off that is for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend actually LOVES her card from you!!! Thank you sooo much!!! It is simply gorgeous! It will be showed off that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete