Saturday, October 29, 2011

Christmas Ornament using Joys of the Season Candy


Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I wanted to participate in the new challenge blog Exploring Cricut. For this week's challenge they are using the Cricut Celebrations cartridge and the candy image on page 111. It is mentioned that a similar image is on Christmas Cheer. I was beginning to think that I could not play along but I remembered Joys of the Season has a candy image too. I hope it is ok to use a different cartridge than the ones specified. I am sharing my project with you!
I am exploring the ornament feature in Joys of the Season. I think the different ornaments would make cute little stocking stuffers or gifts for those special teachers and co-workers.
Page 47 - Candy image. I used the ornament feature on shift and cut the pink paper at 3.25". All the cuts are same size.
Page 79 - Ornament feature and regular key, I cut a piece of vellum to show behind the pink paper and a piece of white cardstock to layer behind the vellum. I used the white cardstock because the candy paper is double sided and it would have been seen through the vellum.
Using the Ornament feature with the shift key, I cut the pretty candy patterned paper.
Using the regular main image, I cut the ornament again in the candy pattened paper for the backside.
Stamp on back is Christmas Crafts from Michael's. Added lots of inking and a green braid for a hanger.



Hope you enjoy! Here is a link to a previous card that I used the candy cut on. Hopefully it will inspire you to try the cute candy cut!

8 comments:

  1. Glenda,
    Your ornament is so cute and thanks for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ornament Glenda!!! Love the candy on it. It is perfect!! Thank you so much for joining us at Exploring Cricut1!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute ornament Glenda! I love the pinks in that fun Christmas paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little tag using an ornament! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! That is great paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job! Thanks for playing with us! Exploring Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ornament. Great paper and cut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Glenda, I have been working so much it is cutting into my craft time. I love your ornament, the cut is really cute. I love the peppermint candy. TFS

    ReplyDelete