Monday, January 30, 2012

Fantabulous Cricut - Ch. 96 3" x 3" Valentiney Cards


Welcome to Glenda's Cards! It is Monday again and that means it is time for another fun challenge at Fantabulous Cricut. This week our challenge is all about 3" x 3" Valentiney cards. Yes, that means a tiney card. I cut my card from red cardstock at 3" x 6" and when folded in half, it measures 3" x 3". This is the first time that I have made such a small card, but I am pleased with the look.
We are happy to have Emma at My Creative Time as our sponsor this week. She has so generously let some of the designers use some of her stamps for today's projects. Thank you Emma for your kindness and the opportunity! My stamp set is Classmate Valentines. I chose the cute Happy Valentine's Day Teacher stamp and the apple stamp to go with it.
Cricut cartridges:
Cricut Classroon Basics - The white scallop circle was cut at 1/2" and the red scallop circle was cut at 1.681"w x 1.653"h.  Ink was Color Box Cranberry.
Create A Critter - Page 25 - Apple cut at 2" height. It is pop dotted on the card.
Cuttlebug:
Heart Blocks folder was used on the white mat. Just wanted to add a bit more Valentiney look!
Other supplies include Paper Studio Ribbon Trends for the gingham ribbon.

On the inside of the card, I used the To, From, and Apple from the stamp set. I left room for my youngest grandson who is in the first grade to print the names.

Be sure to visit FCCB to see all the pretty projects by the design team. We appreciate your comments and visits to our blogs! Now it is your turn to play along with us. Remember to follow the theme - make a 3" x 3" Valentine card and as always you must include a Cricut cut. We look forward to seeing your projects. You have until midnight Sunday Feb. 5th to enter your card.

Challenges:
My Creative Time Throwback Thursdays--Valentine card using any cartridge.

Many thanks to My Creative Time  for sponsoring us at FCCB this week!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Glenda I love your card. Is is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute.


    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant idea! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda this card will be the perfect card for any teacher.
    If you give me your permission, I would love to replicate it for my daughter's to make it for her teacher...(we are still on our summer vacations, but lessons will start on Feb 9th, so I have to be ready with my little one's Valentine's favors.
    Hugs,
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect card for a teacher. I love how you did the card inside and out.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo adorable! I love the embossing and the cute little apple cheeks. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutterroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenda, this is the perfect Valentine card for a Teacher. I love the applea and the embossing looks great:) Nice job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How incredibly awesome. This is so cute.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So CUTE! What a perfect Valentiny card!!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenda,
    This is just an adorable card. I would sure love to get this card from one of the children in my classroom. It would be a treasure.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Valentine, it has been years since I made the wee ones, I think my son was in elementary at the time. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card for a teacher. I love the red and white and the stamp is perfect for this. So cute Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As usual a great card and valentine for a teacher!!! Something a teacher would keep I am sure!!! Loved the challenge this week at Fabulous Cricut!!!

    Sandi (daveshunny)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that happy little apple and the embossing is great too! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card - you did a nice job tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute teachers card. I just realized I need to make several. Thanks for the inspiration. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just TOO darling! It is the perfect card for the teacher! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect in every way. Love your design.

    Happy Craftin'!
    Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable!! I love the cut and the embossing!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete