Saturday, August 3, 2013

My Sheri Crafts - Ch. 116 Back to School

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

Today is the start of a new and fun challenge at My Sheri Crafts! It is my turn to choose the theme for the challenge. With the start of a new school year fast approaching for my grandkids, I began thinking of school projects. Challenge 116 is Back to School! Include a school bus or school house! It must be school related!

For my project I chose to make a 12" x 12" scrapbook page! The paper pack is DCWV School Days. The white background sheet was trimmed down 1/4" on each side and layered on the red dot paper. I cut out the middle section of the red dot paper and used that part for the border cuts on the photo area. Just a way of using more of the paper! The sketch is my play with a Page Maps Nov. 2011 sketch.

 
Cricut Cartridges:
Elegant Edges - Page 25 Border on shift cut 2.25" from the solid red paper. Page 47 Border on shift cut 1.25" and the second one cut at .50" from the red dot paper.
Nate's ABC's - Page 22 Bus is cut 1.5"
Other supplies include the yellow Baker's Twine on the photo mat and 3rd grade is a sticker from the stash. I started scrapbooking before Cricut so now I have two drawers of stickers that are being forgotten. Time to use some! 
After the first day of school photo is placed on the photo mat, my grandson will print his name under the photo. A perfect way to preserve his handwriting at that age!

Be sure to visit My Sheri Crafts and see all the pretty projects by the design team and our guest designer. For more details, please visit each individual blog. We appreciate you leaving us blog love!
Now it is your turn to play along with us! We look forward to seeing your school projects. One person will be chosen to be our next guest designer and several Ooh La La awards will be given.

Thanks for your visits and comments!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Glenda, I love the layout of this card! That little school bus is to darn cute too! Perfect papers for back to school theme! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenda!!
    You have created a wonderful LO for the Back To School theme. I really like the design of the page and so glad you linked the pages design site. I will have to visit it. Super colors, and adorable paper make your LO just perfect!! So, now that I have completed my projject for this challenge, I guess I better get ready to go back to school. Have a great week!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all your BG papers on this back-to-school LO, Glenda, and now all it needs to be perfect and memorable are some pics of a 3-grader. Bet you know someone who'll be the perfect subject for that request too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda,
    I love your back to school layout. That paper is great. I too have linked the pagemap design to my folder to use.
    Everything you have chosen works so well together including the bus.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful back to school layout, especially like the background papers. Wonderful creating going on here!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glenda, I love your back to school layout! The papers are so cute. I'll probably steal this idea when I start doing my kids' school layouts. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous layout Glenda! I love the design of this layout and love that your grandson will be able to write on the layout! Just perfect are your papers too!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete