Thursday, January 28, 2016

Birthday Cupcake

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

With a fast approaching birthday for my Mom, I  wanted to try a new card style. Browsing through card tutorials at SplitCoastStampers, I chose the Flap Fold Card. I do not have a 2 1/2" circle punch or die, so my thoughts turned to my Cricut machine. Maybe I could make the card with it! Well, this is my results! Card is cut 4.25" x 11" from blue DCWV textured cardstock. Using Cricut Design Space, I added score lines at the 2.5" and 6.75", then added a 2.50 " circle to cut the opening in my card. From there, it was playing with Cricut images to complete the card!

Cricut Cartridges:
Love You A Latte - Strawberry Cupcake is cut 1.25" wide and is pop-dotted on the scallop circle.
Elegant Edges - Circle Scallop is cut 2.3" wide x 2.28" high.
Once Upon a Princess - Cupcake Heart is cut 1.75" wide. It is pop-dotted on the card to hold the flap down.
Elegant Embellishments - Birthday is cut 2.25" wide.
Straight From the Nest - Cupcake corner is cut 2" wide. This was cut to use on the flap, but it seemed too large. Since it was cut, I added it on the inside sentiment mat. A hand written sentiment will be added.

Martha Stewart Daisy Dots was used for the decorative edge on the flap.

Inside of card!

Challenges:
DieCuttinDivas - Ch. 250 Chocolate Cake Day - Use cake or Cupcake
Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party
Simply Create Too - Ch 101 - Ch. 101 Something New- I used a new card style.

I am pleased with the results of my Flap Fold card. Hope you enjoy it!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, love this card Glenda!! Its unusual shape is fabulous! I also love how you decorated it. Your mom will love it too! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, your mom is going to love it! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card style. Great bright colors. Love the way you decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great with the strawberry on top! Thank you for joining our “Chocolate Cake” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cupcake looks yummy with the strawberry on top! Cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete