Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Happy Valentine's Day

 Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

With rainy and cold weather lately, I decided to start working on Valentine projects. Of course, I could not let this recently purchased Cricut Maker sit idle for too long! The pretty patterned papers are from Recollections Be Mine Double-Sided Paper Pad. I enjoyed combining the pretty pink papers with the blues for a non traditional Valentine look. White cardstock is Colorbok.

I purchased the Dreaming Tree My Lovely Valentine SVG Bundle using some of my accumulated points. These are gorgeous designs from the team, as are all their beautiful images! Leo shares very informative and great videos  to help create the wonderful projects. The XXO Card is actually a free SVG. I love how these turned out! Thank you Leo!

Sweetheart Basket - Using the Cricut Maker, I chose the Solid Score images to bring into Cricut Design Space and cut the images at size brought in.The finished basket is 5" high, 10 inches high with the handle. I ungrouped the background hearts and deleted all but one heart. With the Contour feature, I deleted all the small holes except for the ribbon openings. Then I duplicated the heart three more times. Those four hearts were cut from 2 different patterned papers and were glued inside the basket.

Cuttlebug:  Anna Griffin Woven Diamonds embossing folder is used on the four outside hearts.


XXO Card - I used coordinating papers to make the card. I added a strip of the blue dot paper behind the XXO cutouts. Pearls were added. A pretty envelope is also included. Card measures 5" x 7".


I love the results! Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for your visits and comments!

Card Challenges:
CARDZ TV  - Ch. 81 Anything Goes
Cut It Up   -  Ch. 166 Hearts
Die Cuttin' Divas  - Ch. 405 Anything Goes
DL.ART -  January Linky






9 comments:

  1. Glenda, I love your Valentine treat basket. It is beautiful. It's a great day to craft here in Ohio. Below 0 weather. Brrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Valentine card and treat basket. Love the pretty papers and color combo you used!! Fabulous set!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous set! You can't really go wrong with Dreaming Tree files, and I love Leo's tutorials.

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Hearts challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete