Thursday, December 9, 2010

Red Hat Snowlady Purse


I had so much fun making this purse using a Red Hat Society theme for one of my friends. The purse is cut from Forever Young at 5 inches. Recently my friend Sharon sent me a Red Hat purse that she made and filled it with yummy cookies. I just love it and thought my Red Hat friends would like a purse too, maybe filled with a few trinkets or candy!!
The challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is Gifts Galore--make a handmade gift or gift package. This will be my entry for the challenge!
I wanted to also participate at the new Flaunt it Fridays 1st challenge which is the snowman cut on page 29 of Winter Frolic. Not having that cartridge I used Winter Woodland for my snowlady- page 47, cut 3 inches. Of course a Red Hatter wears red and purple and loves bling, so I used these colors for her hat and scarf and covered the snowlady with diamond Stickles. She really sparkles!
I just love it when I can participate in several challenges with my project. This week at Paper Playtime, the challenge is Snowflakes. Oh! I do need snowflakes for my snowlady!! The two large snowflakes are cut from Winter Woodland page 35, one is cut 1 1/2 and the smaller one is 1 1/4 inches. To add more snowflakes, I used the reverse cut from a Martha Stewart Snowflake edge punch. I added the stickles to the snowflakes and added a couple of red gemstones.To finish the purse, I wrapped shiny red tinsel around the handles and added the words "ooh la la" which were cut from Forever Young at 1/2 inch. Now can a Red Hat Lady resist this purse!!

Be sure to visit the great blogs for inspiration --you still have time to enter your project.

Thanks for your visit and I appreciate your comments.





24 comments:

  1. Glenda you are so talented! This is adorable I am not a red hat lady but I would love it if someone gave me one of these wink wink LOL! It is so perfect and I just love that tinsel! You did a great job on flaunting your little purse and that cute snowman! Thanks for flaunting it at Flaunt It Friday's.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love this idea. :) Thanks for joining us at FIF!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda,
    What a cute cute project! I just love this idea and I love the Red Hat Ladies! This would be so cute to send to someone who is in one of the clubs. Thank you so much for playing with us!
    Sheree Burress
    cravinscrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! I love frilly! great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is just too adorable. Hmmmm, don't have that cart, but I'm sure I have something else that would work. I have a very dear friend who is Queen and she would LOVE something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! This is one of my favs. That handle is perfect!! Thanks for playing at FIF! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and it's perfect for Paper Playtime too! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love the bling! Thanks for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is super cute! Love the fuzzy handle! This is one of my favorite snowman! Thanks for joining us over at FIF! Have a fabulous day!
    ~Dorcas
    http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had forgotten about this snowman it is super dooper adorable!!!! I love the design you used. Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this purse! Thanks for joining us at the FIF challenge! :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! this is absolutely ADORABLE!!! You are so talented Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I just love this! Too much fun! Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower and thanks so much for hopping along in the Holly Jolly Blog Hop! Good luck on the blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soo cute! I like the red strap on the purse. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just SO cute - love the colors and all the snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great purse....perfect for Christmas with all the tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun is that. That purse if terrific. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome purse! I just love the handles:) Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Glenda ! Love those colors !

    Have a great Monday ;-)
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is super Fantabulous! Thanks for joining in the fun at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really adorable, I Love the fuzzy handle..
    I'm your newest follower...Would Love it if you could check out my blog.
    Minta

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo, I LOVE this!!! so beautifully done!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete