Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mother's Day Side Step Card


I really like to make the side step cards and I thought this would be a nice Mother's Day card for my mother-in-law. She loves working in her flower gardens and has such beautiful flowers.
The card starts with a piece of blue Colorbok cardstock cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Mary at Cardz TV has an excellent tutorial for making a side step card.
Cricut cartridges:
Bloom - Fence 2 cut 3 3/4, Flower box 1 cut at 1 3/4 (purple flower box), Flower box 2 cut at 2 inches ( pink flower box)
Lacy Labels - Hello label cut at 3 1/4 inches. This is the second cut on the second row.
Mother's Day 2010 - Happy Mother's Day cut 2 1/2 inches.
Paper Doll Dress Up - Grass on page 78 (Tab feature using the shift key) cut at 1 1/4 inches. I trimmed some of lower edge so it would not be so tall. Hat on page 38 cut using the flip function at 3 inches.
Walk In My Garden - Shovel on page 106 cut 1 1/2 inches.
Cuttlebug Folders:
Distressed stripes - fence
Swiss Dots - hat and white label
Lots of inking, some faux stitching, and pop dots for dimension complete the card.

I have trouble trying to photograph these card styles. I am posting a photo to show the side steps.


Challenges:
My Sheri Crafts - Mother's Day
Celebrate the Occasion - Mother's Day
Die Cuttin' Divas - Mother's Day
Fantabulous Cricut - Mom's the Word - use the word Mom, Mum, Mother, etc.
Cooking with Cricut - Spring Flowers
Craft Us Crazy - Mother's Day and/or Flowers
Scrapbookaholic By Abby - Mother's Day and add Faux stitching

Hope you enjoy!

31 comments:

  1. Glenda, this card is absolutely beautiful. What a bright, cheerful project! WOW! Good Job.

    Patti Ross
    www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning. I love all the details in this card. Wow, you can create a piece of art with a Cricut cartridge. You have inspired me to use my cartriges more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Love the design and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing with CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenda, I LOVE this card !!!! Love the side step shape and the flowers are so pretty! I love all the colors and the picket fence..I just love it!! Great card !!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your side step card is great!!! I have tried these before but mine never look as great as yours does!!! Wonderful color so fresh looking!!!

    Love this one!!!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness! This is so pretty and cool! I love stair step card and you did a FABULOUS job on this one! Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda this is just an adorable card! I love the hat hanging on the fence post...what a cute touch! So many rich, wonderful details...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card. I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO BEAUTIFUL! The details are amazing and I'm sure your MIL is going to love this! Thanks for sharing this Mother's Day creation with us at Celebrate the Occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute project!! Simply adorable!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft us Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoW this is super SwEEt!!! I really love the embossing work...TFS!!!it with the Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea what a side-step card was! I love it! thanks for providing the instructional link for making one. Your card is so beautiful. Just SUPER.
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a wonderful job on this step card, I love how you used the flowers in the step portion of it! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY Glenda! This a WONDERFUL! Are you trying to be a guest designer again - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! All the detail is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow!!! Glenda, you never cease to amaze me! This is just a beautiful card. Your creativity is amazing. And the great way you use colors and different layers just makes your work a piece of art. This card is no different. I love it
    !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is amazing! I love all the special details. Thanks for sharing at FCCB.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is simply gorgeous, I love the flowers and that fence with the hat amazing, very nicely done! Thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so very beautiful! I love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut!

    Stacey ~ CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty card! Beautiful work!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi again,
    Please stop by my blog to pick up an award.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  23. glenda, this is just perfection in a card! Love it!!!!!! All the details are just amazing!

    -- dalis
    CWC DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a gorgeous card!! So many details and such lovely colors and embossing!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Celebrate The Occasion!! I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge -- it's a Graduation theme!! Stop over and enter by Sunday at 11:59pm (EST)...

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful!!!!

    Great job!! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookaholic by Abby Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  26. awesome card. I love it and the who design :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is absolutely breathtaking. Truly one of the most STUNNING cards I've seen in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy! We hope to see you again next time!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete