Sunday, July 17, 2011

Brrrr!


How about a little Christmas in July! With our recent extremely high temperatures, I thought it would be "cool" to make a Christmas card. After visiting some challenge blogs, I chose some themes to incorporate so I can participate in the challenges.
My card is 5 x 6 1/2 inches from white basic cardstock. I cut a 1" x 6 1/2 piece of white Colorbok for the edge of the card. My papers are all from my scrap stash. I used the Martha Stewart Aspen Snowflake edge punch on the edge of the red designer paper and layered it on the 1' x 6 1/2". Then it was glued to the front of the card.
I am so excited how the Cricut cuts turned out on this card. Not only did I use the Cricut to cut the images, but I also used Cricut Colors ink markers to draw the gloves and word Brrrr!. I will admit that I used my older Expression for the color markers. There is a lot about the Expression 2 that I have not tried yet!
Using a white DMC Memory Thread, the gloves are connected to the Anna Griffin decorative brad to appear as if they are hanging. If you are not familar with DMC Color Infusion Memory Thread, it is a fiber wrapped wire that is be used on sewing projects. It is great in our card making too. I found the Memory Thread at Michael's on the aisle with the regular DMC thread for embroidery/cross-stitch.
Lots of inking! Pop dots- 1/16" on the mat and 1/8" on the gloves!
I think the card turned out pretty cool!
Cricut Cartridges:
Joys of the Season - Mittens on page 51 cut 1 3/4"
Winter Frolic - Sentiment "Brrr!" on 33 cut 1 3/4- Phrase and shadow features

Challenges:
Sassy Lil' Card Sketch - Sketch (Maybe I did not get too carried away with the sketch.)
Cooking With Cricut - Cricut markers or a sun if you do not have markers.
BBTB - Joy of the Season Gloves
Craft Us Crazy - Christmas in July
Christmas Card Challenges - Faith/Christmas in July
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Christmas in July
If The Shoe Fits - Ruby
Hope you enjoy!

25 comments:

  1. fantastic! very pretty. great job with the sassy sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, nice paper and border punch! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2 DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute take on our BBTB2 challenge. Thanks for joining us.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I have been doing a Christmas hop and it is fun thinking about the holidays in July. Good luck with your challenges. Don't forget If the Shoe Fits challenge (red).

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and good to get an early start on Christmas card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Glenda! I love the punched edge and the memory thread is such a wonderful touch! This is really just a lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous, Glenda! I love the MS punch and the mittens are so adorable! Fabulous Christmas card - I love it! Good luck with the challenges :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Love how you did your mittens and added the memory wire to them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glenda, this is beautiful. You used you markers so you didn't need to have a sun too. This is perfect and really, really, pretty:) Love it:) TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut!
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love turning the sketch into Christams. thanks for playing at Sassy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is just beautiful! Love all the detail.
    I'm really excited to be working with you on FCCB DT! I'm a new follower.
    www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the punched border! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Lil Card Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, Glenda! I love the punched edge. Thanks for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card could do with a little cold here at the moment. Great colours and perfect for the Sassy sketch.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! nice mittens, d/p, border punch and love the letters. TFS with us at 2SC this week.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful!! Love your use of the markers. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely holiday card! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Glenda, this card is beautiful !! Love the papers and the markers turned out great!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful ... i love those mittens and gorgeous papers

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just beautiful!! I love the paper you chose. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello Glenda...i am a new dt member at the BBTB2 blog. i saw they chose your beautiful card and came here to congratulate you. you do a beautiful work as i can see on this page.

    another congrats are in order for becoming a dt member at the fantabulous cricut. have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete