Monday, July 23, 2012

BBTB2 - Christmas in July

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

It is Monday and time for another fun challenge at BBTB2! Our talented design team sister Jayne is our hostess and she has chosen Christmas In July for our theme. Use any cut from any Cricut cartridge to make a Christmas card, layout, or project.
Cricut cartridge is Wrap It Up. Candy Cottage is on page 28. I have been wanting to cut the Candy Cottage for some time. So glad Jayne chose Christmas theme! I used the card feature for the house shaped card. It is cut 5.5" from the light green cardstock. The Candy Cottage image on shift was cut from the green patterned paper and glued on top of the card. Layer images were cut from the candy cane paper and the bright pink paper. Patterned papers are scraps from K&Company Secret Santa paper pad.
I hand cut beige/gold paper to glue behind the windows for the effect of inside light. The candy in the windows and one for the door knob are hand cut from the candy cane paper scrap.
Inking is Dew Drop Versa Magic Gingerbread. I chose not to have a sentiment/greeting on the front of the card.

Stop by BBTB2 to see all the gorgeous Christmas projects by the design team. For more information, please visit the individual blogs. We do love your visits and comments!
Now it is your turn to play along with us. Remember this is a Cricut challenge and you must use a Cricut cut and please mention in your post which cartridge you used! We look forward to seeing your project. One person will be chosen to receive the Project of the Week award. It could be you!
Also, just a reminder you still have time to enter our fashion theme challenge.

Challenges:
Little Scrap Pieces - Christmas
DL.ART- Christmas in July - ends 07-28

Thanks for your visits and comments!



15 comments:

  1. love love this shape card, it is precious, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous papers you used to make your candy cottage. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and cheery Christmas Cottage. Love it. Great papers.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, This came out great I had no idea this was on the Wrap it up cart. I'll have to check it out again. I love the colors you chose and the candy cane paper sure adds a fun touch, makes me want to make a gingerbread house.Thanks for the inspiration.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    Thank you so much for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. So deliciously cute. I love the papers you used on this cute house. Love, love the papers.This house is just fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little candy house on Wrap it Up too and yours came out fantastic! Such a fun and bright card. I am loving all the fun pattern papers you used on this card and I love that you used the card feature! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenda I just love your candy house.It is a gorgeous shaped card and love the papers you used.Didn't realise this was a card on wrap it up,I want to make one of these!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is beautiful! I love the design paper and the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet Candy Cottage just the kind of house I would imagine to find in the North Pole. Perfect colors great details. Glenda thanks so much for joining my challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww..I would love to spend the hoildays in that festive house..Great job..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG what a perfect Chrismas House, perfect papers,so festive... I love it all...

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glenda I love the patterned papers you used for your adorable little gingerbread house. It is so darn cute and so colorful. Super card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this shaped card! great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ADORABLE! Just love the papers you chose. I must go immediately to that cart and check out this fab cut. LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Glenda Ilove your gingerbread house! The papers you chose are just perfect!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete