Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Sheri Crafts - Ch.85 Wedding/Anniversary

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!
Thank you for stopping by today and I am sending a big Thank You to my new followers!

It is Saturday and My Sheri Crafts has a fun challenge starting today. Miss Sue is the hostess for Challenge 85 Wedding/Anniversary. She asked us to create a Wedding/Anniversary project using Black, White, and a pop of color. We are happy to have Paula Bee of Craft With Bee as our guest designer this week!
My card measures 5" x 7" and is cut from Red Recollections cardstock. It is layered with a 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" Colorbok patterned paper. I have a limited - actually only 2 or 3 papers that have only black and white colors. This paper was my choice to add a bit of fancy!

Cricut Cartridge:
Phrases - Page 27 Mr. and Mrs. image is cut at 3" using red, black and white papers. The shadow image is cut from a piece of vellum-like paper.

Other supplies include Recollections rhinestones and the image is pop-dotted on the mat.

I wanted the Mr and Mrs. to be the main focal part of the card, so this card has limited embellishments. I am pleased with the results and think the card can be used for either an anniversary or wedding.

Hop over to My Sheri Crafts to see all the gorgeous projects by the design team and our guest designer! For more details on the projects, please visit each blog and leave a little love! We appreciate your support and love your comments!

Now it is your turn to play along with us! Remember you must use the theme Wedding/Anniversary and colors Black and White with a pop of color. Several Ooo La La awards will be given and one lucky person will be chosen to be our next guest designer!
















8 comments:

  1. Glenda, this is AWESOME!!! Love how you shadowed 'Mr. & Mrs.' and also that perfect Colorbok BG paper to create your perfect wedding/anniversary card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done and perfect timing for this challenge. I have to make a wedding card!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda love this card.....great red ya picked to go with that patterned paper!! and the heart gems too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, I really love how you layered your lettering, and added the white in and! Really love the look of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it Glenda! "Mr & Mrs" just POPS out at you! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. That background paper rea;;y showcases your wonderful cut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenda, I love this card. That background paper for starters is stunning! Wonderful job with the layering of Mr. and Mrs.... gorgeous job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda, I love the way you positioned the elements in your designer paper so we could better appreciate the pattern. This is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete