Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Baseball Card for the Birthday Boy

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

My grandsons love to play baseball. My thoughts turned to making a baseball card for a grandson who is having a birthday. We were so proud of him and his team this season. During the regional tournament, he scored his first home run. What a happy guy and parents! He ended the tournaments making two more home runs with one being in the state championship tournament. The card measures 5" x 6 1/2" and is cut from red Recollections cardstock. Star patterned paper is from a Recollections Play Ball page kit.


Cricut Cartridges: I have been enjoying a month subscription to images in Cricut Design Space. I do not own Baseball but it may be added to my list!
Baseball - Batter is cut 3" wide x 4.99" high. I reversed the image for a left handed batter. Home Run is cut 5.50" wide.
Life is a Party - Baseball is cut 1.07" wide x 1.06" high.

Inside of card.

For Inside:
Cricut Font & Basic Shapes - Happy Birthday is cut 4.50" wide.
Baseball - All Star is cut 4.50" wide. 
For the phrase "Baseball is Life", I added the swoosh by slicing it from another image in the Baseball cartridge and then welding it to the word Baseball using Cricut Design Space features. Then using the text box, I added "is Life" with the Plantin Schoolbook font. Yes, there is a similar phrase in the Cricut Sports Mania cartridge, but I did not have access to that particular cartridge. So I just tried to make the phrase. I thought it turned out ok!

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for your visits and comments!







1 comment:

  1. A fabulous card. I know your grandson loved it. And congrats to him. What a great way to end a season.

    ReplyDelete