Friday, August 21, 2015

Birthday Card - Boot

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

I enjoy making birthday cards! After viewing the cute sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches for this week, I am playing along with the sketch for this birthday card. Card base is brown cardstock and measures 5" x 6 1/2". The pretty patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye Simply Beautiful paper pad..paper that I have had for a long time. 

Cricut Cartridges:
Old West - I bought this cartridge several years ago and this is my first time to use it. Boot is cut 2.75" high. The cut image leaves little cut marks so I tried to make little dashes using the Gelly Roll white pen. The marks were so hard to see on the brown paper. Not so perfect, but after all it is a handmade card! Lasso is cut 1.25" wide. Two boots are used inside the card--those were cut 1.75" high.
Just Because - Just Kickin' Back is cut 2.75" wide.
Cricut Classic Font - Happy Birthday is cut 4.25" wide. It's Your Day is cut 3" high. Both phrases are used inside the card. 

Martha Stewart Ribbon Loop edge punch is used on the mat inside the card.

Cuttlebug: 
Swiss Dots folder is used on the background mat under the boot.
Diamonds in the Rough folder is used on the two mats.

Inside of card.

Card Challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas - Ch.229 - Celebrate It - Any Occasion 

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for your visits and comments!



4 comments:

  1. Very cute card Glenda! I love that background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very cute!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great papers and cuts. The inside is just as special as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! I love the paisley DP! I have cut this boot and had the same issue with the little cuts, but yours looks great!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete