Friday, October 11, 2019

A Fall Birthday Card

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

It has been  a busy summer with little time for cardmaking! Needing a birthday card for a friend, I made time to play with my Cricut Maker. 
Card is 7" wide x 5" high cut from Colorbok Kraft Cardstock pad. Plaid Patterned papers are cut from DCWV Four Season Papers Pad. Solid Papers are from the scrap paper stash.

Cricut Cartridges:
Anna's Window Ledge Cards - Card is cut 7" wide x 10" high.
Using Insert Shapes feature, the white base mat is cut 6.75" wide x 4.75" high. The orange mat is cut 4.25" wide x 3.25" high. The lighter patterned paper is cut 4" wide x 3" high.
Anna's Lovely Layered Cards - Phrase Happy Birthday Friend is written on the light patterned mat using the Cricut Midnight pen.
JGoode Designs - Sunflower is cut 2.98" wide x 3.563" high. Writing is using the Cricut Very Berry Medium Tip pen.

I am playing along with this week's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I used my Fiskars hand cutter to cut the varying sizes of  plaid strips used for the background. Sizes are 1 strip at 1 1/4", 2 at 1", 1 at 3/4", 1 at 1/2", 1 at 3/8", and 2 at 1/4". I enjoyed working with this pretty sketch.
I love that pretty sunflower. The pen work adds so much detail to the flower.
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Challenges:
BBTB2  -   Crows, Scarecrows, Sunflowers
CARDZ TV   - Ch. 100 Anything Goes
DL.ART   -  Ch. 248 Fall
Tuesday Morning Sketches  -   Sketch 524





8 comments:

  1. lovely card. that doodling on the sunflower sure adds a lot of design and sparkle. That writing looks like it was a stamp. would love to see this in person. thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made such a pretty card. I love this sunflower image with the writing. Perfect card for a friend! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunflower is wonderful and I love the pretty birthday sentiment. So glad you joined us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the flower and that plaid paper!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - love the gorgeous Autumn colors. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so well balanced. I sometimes struggle with using pens in the Cricut but your card turned out wonderfully. Makes me want to try it again in my machine. Thanks for playing along with the BBTB2 challenge! Janet - SugarShine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much Glenda for joining us at BBTB2 for the last challenge. Your really created a pretty sunflower. thanks again!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cards. I wish you were still blogging your cards. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete