Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Sheri Crafts Ch # 74 Decorate for Christmas


Welcome to Glenda's Cards! Thanks for stopping by because it is time for a new challenge at My Sheri Crafts! This week we are Decorating for Christmas and ask that you create an ornament or home decor item for Christmas.
For my project I decorated a wreath to hang on my door. The green 15 inch wreath was purchased at The Dollar Tree. To add more thickness and character, I added several little flower/pine cone picks that I have had for years..another one of those after Christmas clearance that I had forgotten about!
I downloaded the Cricut Craft Room application and have been playing around with the Cricut Flower Shoppe cartridge! This is my first project using the CCR and I am pleased with the flower cuts.
Cricut Cartridges 
Flower Shoppe - The two green pattern flowers are using the Basic 2 and Basic 4 images on page 12 cut at 3.25".  I did not record the size for the center Basic1.
I used the Sunflower images on page 17 for the three red/cream flowers but two centers are cuts from image Basic1.
The flower at the top of the wreath is using the Ruffle images on page 15. I did not record these sizes...as I was working with the sizing of images.
Winter Woodland - Joy on Page 78 was cut at 5".




Be sure to visit My Sheri Crafts to see the lovely projects by the design team. We look forward to seeing your ornaments or home decor items for Christmas. Remember one person will be chosen to be the next guest designer and Ooo La La awards will be given.

I am also sharing my project at the following challenges.
Bitten by the Bug2 - Winter Woodland - Joy
My Craft Spot - Ch 34 - Handmade Flower Power
Simply Create Too - Ch # 1 All about Christmas
Joyful Stamper - Inspire Me Fridays #34
2 Sisters Challenge Blog -  Ch# 67 Holiday
Passionately Artistic - Linking Party


Hope you enjoy my project--Thanks for your comments!

29 comments:

  1. This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Glenda -- what a beautiful Christmas welcome for your guests coming to your front door!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda,
    My, my, this is as gorgeous as it gets. You have such a sense of style. I just love the flowers and the way you put the different colors together. the JOY os beautiful and makes the perfect focal point. I just love this!!!
    Charlotte DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, wow, this is fabulous! Those flowers are gorgeous, and that Joy just brings everything together! Simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Oh my...this is just over-the-top gorgeous! What an amazing wreath! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wreath! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing Glenda.Love all the flowers.Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wreath is gorgeous! I see the same word used in all these comments -- it's because it's the best word to describe it. I'm in awe.
    Rae Ann O.
    http://joyinart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenda, your wreath is beautiful! I'm so impressed with those flowers.. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This came out just beautiful the colors and everything are just awesome.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glenda - Love your wreath. I too have been playing around in CCR and am having a blast. I think my house my have more decorations this year because of it....

    Hugs,
    Miss Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glenda,
    This wreath is gorgeous!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful - LUV this. Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too.
    Ike xx
    SCT DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glenda - your wreath is absolutely stunning! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous wreath you have created, those circuit flowers are amazing!
    Glenda A

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Glenda...did i say Wow Glenda.... Your wreath is just breathtaking!!! I have this cartridge and haven't opened it up yet but now I just might have to squeeze in some time after seeing your gorgeous wreath

    Sandi (daveshunny)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your wreath is amazing. What a great entry piece to welcome your guest.

    Hope you will stop by when you can.
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Glenda. Your wreath is fabulous! Would never have thought a wreath could look so good decorated with paper! You did a wonderful job!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glenda, this is the most beautiful wreath I've ever seen decorated with paper. Simply gorgeus.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful beautiful beautiful! I have the flower shoppe cart and have not used it yet. I just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!! I just love your take on our challenge at BBTB2! It's beautiful :)))

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOWZERS!!!!! This is just gorgeous! I LOVE the flowers, they are so beautiful. What a beautiful wreath to hang on your door!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG! This is amazingly beautiful! Looks like that Flower Shop is a must have! Gorgeous work and thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! That is beautoful! The flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot! I hope you'll play along again this week!
    Amber
    my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is fabulous, Glenda! Your flowers look fantastic - and I just love the variety of papers you've used to create them. Magnificent wreath!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your wreath is absolutely gorgeous!! The flowers are just beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glenda, your wreath is so beautiful, and you have just convinced me that I need that Flower Shoppe cartridge. :-D

    ReplyDelete