Saturday, May 5, 2012

My First Double Z Fold Card

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

Thanks for stopping by! As I announced earlier, I am so excited to be on the BBTB2 Design Team! Today I am sharing the Mother's Day card that I submitted for the design team call!
This is my first attempt at the Double Z Fold Card. The card starts with a  5 1/4" x 12" Bazzill purple cardstock. Using my Martha Stewart scoreboard, it is scored at 2", 4", 8", and 10". The second score is folded in and the first score line is folded back. Repeat the folds on the other side and your card is ready for decorating. A great video and written instructions are available at SplitCoastStampers for this card!
Designer papers are K&Company.

Using a 1 3/8" strip of the purple cardstock, I made a band for the card. The Martha Stewart Lace Trim Doily was used on one side of the designer paper. Lace was gathered and stitched to form a doily behind the Cricut flower.


Cricut Cartridges:
Flower Shoppe - Flower on page 16 cut at 2.5". I used Fun 1, Fun 2, and Fun 4 image cuts.
Mother's Day 2010 - Happy Mother's Day is cut 2.5".

Cuttlebug Folder is With Love

Other Supplies:
Ribbon, pearls and inking.

I am really pleased with this card style and will try it again soon. The size of the folded card is 5 1/4' x 4" which will be easy for mailing. However with the dimensional flower, it will have to be in a box.

Challenges:
My Craft Spot - Ch. 54 Mother's Day
StuckOnUSketches  - Die Cut - In Celebration of Mothers
The Cuttlebug Spot - Flowers For Mom
Passionately Artistic - Linking Party
Papercraft Star - Ch. 95 Mother's Day
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Mother's Day/Feminine - Ribbon/lace

Hope you enjoy!

23 comments:

  1. Hi, glenda!~ What a gorgeous card! I've never made that style before but this has really inspired me! That flower is to die for! Thanks for playing along with our Die Cut challenge at Stuck on U .Hope to see you back soon! Oh, congrats on your BBTB2 DT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous fold Glenda and the flower is beautiful
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, this is gorgeous. Love the colors, paper all of it. That lace detail is perfect. I love that style of card. I think I see one in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Glenda, the fold is fabulous and what a fantastic job you have done in decorating it! The flower is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty Glenda!! Love the colors, the paper and the beautiful flower. Amazing job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Glenda,like the fold.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I love the fold. I really need to give this a try. Beautiful card. So glad you could play along with us at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Beautiful card Glenda. I love the fold. I might have to try that. It gave me some ideas. I love how that happens..Congrat's on BBTB, D.T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Glenda! Love the colors and your doily. It really sets off your flower. I think I'm goin got have to try one of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful elegant card. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fun fold turned out beautifully and I really love that lace backed flower. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at PapercraftStar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, Glenda! That fold is fantastic, and I adore your embellished sleeve! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I really need to try other card styles when I am designing...
    This is just great!
    And a B I G ol' congrats on the BBTB2 spot! Some of those ladies are
    really great friends of mine! How lucky am I!
    Hope you have a wonderful time there...
    And thanks so much for sharing this challenge project with us!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Glenda,I love the fold and your flower is amazing, the best is the inside has lovely decor! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star, "Mother's Day" challenge and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzah! that is amazing card and I love your flower.. Thanks for playing along with us girls over at SOUS
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a Beautiful card....
    Thanks so much for joining us at SOUS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning! What a fabulous way to "wrap" your card. It's a gift in and of itself!
    Congratulations on your new DT position too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Glenda....The papers are so pretty and I love that gorgeous flower:)
    Thanks 4 joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this.....sooo feminine...thanks for playing with us at rrr cherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is absolutely fabulous & the flower is WOW !!! thanx 4 playing on SOUS X:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's challenge :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete