Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday Teapot

I have been wanting to make a teapot card for quite some time and Birthday Sundaes Challenge 14 this week is a shape card. Looking at the design team's lovely cards inspired me to try this teapot! I do not use Design Studio or the Gyspy so my little teapot is a cut from Cricut A Child's Year cartridge. Many cartridges have fun shape cards which I need to use more! I had fun using the Expression 2 for this card.
Cricut Cartridges:
A Child's Year - The teapot is the tag feature on page 67 and is cut at 6.50". The little cup is the icon feature on the same page and is cut at 1.25". Cup is pop-dotted on the teapot.
Lovely Florals - Scallop circles are the 4th image on the first row and are cut 2.25".
Other supplies:
Martha Stewart -  Pop-up water lily for the flower in center of scallop mats. I cut two different papers and pop-dotted the flowers. Gemstone is from stash.
Paper - K&Company Watercolor Bouquet for the designer paper and the white is Colorbok.
I used DMC memory thread for the bow on cup. I had a tiny area for the sentiment and I was thinking of handwriting Happy Birthday, but I was lucky to find a Happy Birthday sticker in my stash.
This is an expensive teapot - look at all that gold! I got carried away with Gold Stickles!!

Challenge:
Birthday Sundaes - Make a shape card. Must have birthday wording on it.

Hope you enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Glenda, you just always rock with your designs. This one is fabulous.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda - this is just fabulously adorable!!! Gorgeous papers!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well even minus the gold glitter this is truly a golden card!!! Sorry I haven't been here in a while just a vacationing fool!!! I will have to look thru your archives and see what ya been up to if this card is any indication!!!

    Sandi ( daveshunny)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card love everything about it.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Glenda....Love the pretty floral paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bee-utiful paper for a Bee-utiful teapot shaped card. Like all the gold stickles.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Glenda!!! How great is to have you joining us at Birthday Sundaes!
    I love your expensive teapot. This one is great. (Remember to include this one on your Top 10 cards for this year)
    Your paper is perfect for it and I love the little cup/tag and the flower... everything on it is precious.
    Oh! I love it so very much!
    Hugs,
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your teapot! What a creative idea for a shaped card, the flower in the middle is just great! Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glenda, I love this card !!! Don't ya just love that paper collection?!? It's so old fashioned looking. Love the shape, love the center flower...its just beautiful !
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete