Sunday, March 24, 2019

Explosion Card For My Friend

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

Card Style Challenge to my friend Cathy was to make an Explosion Card. I have made an Explosion Card before, but for today's card I followed a tutorial on Anna Griffin Inc. Facebook page. This card is 7" wide x 5" high. Other tutorials can be found on Pinterest. Papers are Anna Griffin.

Paper used for the explosion pop out is cut 10" x 10". This is used inside the card.

Cricut Cartridges:
Anna's Window Ledge Card - Card base is cut 7" wide x 10" high. The three rose group is used inside card.
Anna's Flourish Cards and Embellishments - Flourish is cut 6" wide x 2.978" high.
Anna's Roses -  Roses on the front of card. Double roses used inside the card.

Using a 1" x 12" strip of paper from the leftover paper of the explosion cut, I made a rosette for the front of card. Brad from my supply stash finishes the rosette.

Sentiment "For My Friend" is from one of Anna's card making kits. Pop-dots are used on front of card. 

Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Matelasse embossing border is used on the green strip.

Inside the card:
Anna's Bridal and Baby Soirees- Bridal Doily is cut 3.50". I cut two of these.
Anna's Lovely Layered Cards 2  - Sentiment " With Love" is written with the Cricut Midnight pen on one bridal doily.

 Inside of Explosion Card.

I enjoyed making this card style. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for your visits and comments!

Challenges:
Cut It Up  - Ch. 130  Flowers
Die Cuttin Divas  - Ch. 412 Cherry Blossoms or Pink
DL.ART   -  March Linky
My Time To Craft  -  Ch. 393 Mother's Day of For A Friend





8 comments:

  1. Great job! Beautiful card, I always love that little touch of yellow. The inside paper is very feminine and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Glenda. Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Glenda!! Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.


    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I've never made a card like this. I've done plenty of explosion boxes, but never a card. It looks gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Flower challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful with all those gorgeous roses! Lovely rosette on the outside, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenda, I just saw the comment you left on the CIU post. Glad you got the link to work for you in the end.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a stunning explosion card. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete