Saturday, March 30, 2019

My First Screen Divider Card

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!
For this card, my friend Cathy challenged me to make a Screen Divider Card. This is another new card style for me. I chose to make a Spring birthday card for a friend. I looked at tutorials and card examples on Pinterest. I followed along with the video directions by Dawn O. Papers are Colorbok white, Recollections green, and Anna Griffin patterned paper.

Rather than cutting the card and panels using a hand cutter, I added the measurements in Cricut Design Space and let my Cricut Maker do its magic!

Cricut Cartridges:
Using Insert Shapes in Cricut Design Space, I added a square and sized it to 11" wide x 5 1/2" high. It is scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", and 8 1/4". Fold card in center, then outer sections back on itself.
Insert Shapes for the panels - 2.25" wide x 4" high for patterned paper panel, 2.42" wide x  4.15" high for the green panels.
Lacy Labels  - Label #M3D540 - I used a portion of the larger label of the group and the slice feature to remove the lower part of the four white sections. I did not have a suitable punch so I tried it with my Cricut. 

Anna's Vintage Florals - Carolina 2 -Larger group of flowers, Clusters - white and pink group.
Anna's Vintage Phrases - Happy Birthday and Fun with Friends
Anna's Planner - Rose Dot Flag cut 2.25" wide x 1.859" high
Anna's Fantastic FlipCards - Butterfly 1.15" wide x 1.162" high

Martha Stewart Swirling Lace Edge Punch used on the top of the screen divider.

I like the way this turned out. Of course, I had to use my favorite colors - pink and green. I think it will be pretty displayed on a desk or tabletop. Hope you like it and maybe you are inspired to try this different card style.

Challenges:
CARDZ TV  - Ch. 86 Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas -  Ch 413 Favorite Color Combination
DL.ART   -   March Linky Challenge
My Time To Craft  -  Ch 393 Mother's Day or For a Female
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Celebrate Spring (For a Spring birthday)









7 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this beautiful card! Your panels are stunning! Thank you for playing in my "Spring" challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... love this screen divider card! It came together beautifully and LOVE your spring time design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Celebrate Spring’ challenge. Please come back again soon and Good Luck!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab screen divider card. Thank you for taking part in the "My Time To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. They are easy to make and the results are beautiful. The paper and sentiments are lovely. Great job Glenda,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great!! I wonder if we could make these 65 feet tall and use them as room dividers would that just be so pretty?
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #241 “Always Thankful”. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Glenda. Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete