Tuesday, March 5, 2019

My First Bridge Fold Card

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!

Browsing through card styles and tutorials on Pinterest, I noticed a cute card style that I have not made. Using the photo tutorial from Song of my Heart Stampers, I decided to give the Bridge Fold Card a try. There are many tutorials and photos available. I saw this card style also listed as a U Fold. While this is a new style for me, I think this was posted in 2017. I have not been looking at Pinterest often, have I! I challenged my friend Cathy to make a card using the tutorial. We are challenging each other to try different card styles and it has been fun!

You can cut two card bases from a 8.5" x 11" piece of cardstock if you are cutting with a hand cutter.

Using my Cricut Maker, I was able to make the template using shapes in Cricut Design Space.
Card is cut 8" x 4.25" from a Recollections pink shimmer cardstock. It is scored at 1.25", 2.5", 5.5" and 6.75". 
Four strips of pretty Anna Griffin floral paper were cut at 1" x 4" for the side mats on the card. 
Looking at the lower photo, the card is laid flat so you can see the position of the patterned papers. Green mat is cut 2.75" x 4" for the center section. 
The lower bridge strip is cut 5.5" x 1.25" from a solid coordinating paper. Patterned paper is cut 5.25" x 1".

 Card opened flat

Cricut Anna's Window Box Cards - White sentiment mat is cut 2.042" x 2.334". Best wishes is printed on the pink mat with Cricut Midnight pen.
Cricut Anna's Fantastic FlipCards - Roses cut 2.321" wide x 3.4" high.

Cuttlebug Folders:
Textile on the rose floral papers, Swiss Dots on the two inside rose strips.

Sentiment mat and roses are pop-dotted on the card. White pearls were added. I used pop-dots to join the bridge strip to the card. Card will lay flat for mailing.

It makes me happy to try different card styles. I really like the way this turned out! Hope you do too! Maybe you would like to try this card style...good way to use some of those pretty scrap papers.
Thanks for your visits and comments!

Challenges:
CARDZ TV  -  Ch. 104 Anything Goes
Crafty Friends -  Ch. 104 Gemstones and/or Pearls
DL.ART   -  March Linky
My Time To Craft    - Ch. 391 Pink and Girly


2 comments:

  1. Wow, the roses and the pearls make this super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love all the roses, thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete