Thursday, April 25, 2019

Red Hat Lady Birthday Card

Welcome to Glenda's Cards!
I am happy to see the challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas celebrating Red Hat Society Day this week. Needing a birthday card for a Red Hat Lady, this is the perfect challenge! I have belonged to a group for many years now. I enjoy the fun dining outings and travel with the Ladies! 
I am playing along with Melissa's pretty sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week. Congrats on 500th Sketch challenge! It took awhile to decide on what to use on the sides. Noticing the Martha Stewart Gifts Edge Punch sitting on a shelf and realizing that I had never used this punch (like so many others), I gave it a try. I do like the results!

Cricut Cartridges:
Anna's Window Ledge Cards - Card is cut 7" wide x 10" high from Recollections Purple cardstock.
Using Insert shapes - Square is sized to 6.75" x 4.85" and cut from Red Hat Society paper.
White mat is cut 6.75" wide x 2" high.
Anna's Sophisticated Soirees - Flourish Label is cut 2.5" wide x 1.582" from purple paper. To make a shadow using the red paper, the label is cut 2.6" wide x 1.682" high.
Anna's Elegant Embellishments 2 - Phrase "make a Wish" is printed with the Cricut Midnight pen on the purple label.
Forever Yours - Hat is cut 3.5" wide x 1.723" high from The Paper Company red double-sided paper. This paper has a pretty fiber texture in it..may not be noticeable in photo.

For added dimension, the hat is pop-dotted on the card. I added D.L.ART red/white twine that I won from her blog. Red and Purple Sequins are from a win at SpiegelMom Scraps. Thanks to both of you for the wins!
Thank you for your visits and comments!

Challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas   - Ch. 417 Red Hat Society Day
D.L. ART  - April Linky
Cute Card Thursday   - Ch. 579 Brads, Sequins, or Gems
Use Your Stuff  - Ch. 356 Yarn/String/Twine








8 comments:

  1. I hopped over from Tuesday Morning Sketches. What cute card. Love those die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!! I love this border punch and it's perfect with our sketch!!
    Thanks for playing along with us for our 500th sketch challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very pretty card!! Love the red hat and great card design!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Hugs Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Red Hat card! I was happy to see this challenge, too. The gals in my Red Hat group love to get together to make cards. Thought I'd pop over for some ideas. Love the artwork on your blog.
    Hugs, Debi
    thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a really unique card, I have never seen borders like that before!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    Hugs ~ LJ (TMS Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew you'd love this challenge! I made my card in honor of my dear friend but I was definitely thinking of you as well. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas. Hugs to you, my friend.

    nges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete