Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Wedding Card


I was able to play with the Cricut Expression 2 today and after viewing a few challenges, I am using a cute sketch from Card Patterns for my card. I will be entering the card in several challenges that are using a wedding theme this week. This is my take on the sketch and a wedding theme! The white card is 5 x 6 1/2".
Cricut Cartridges:
Cricut Solutions Wedding - Bells are third image on line 2 and cut at 2".
Cuttin' Up - Best Wishes is the main image on page 72 cut at 1.25 inch with pink and the shadow is the same size cut in white.
Martha Stewart - Swirling Lace Edge Punch
Paper - My Mind's Eye -pink stripe, The Girls' Paperie - patterned paper, K&Company -Pink ribbon, and Colorbok - white on the edge punch and bells.
Inking, pearls from my stash, and Diamond Stickles on the bells.

Challenges:
Card Patterns - Sketch 120
Fantabulous Cricut - Wedding theme - include the color white and a bell
Die Cuttin Divas - Wedding Bliss - any cut except for hearts
The ABC Challenge - W is for Wedding

I like Shabby Chic and Vintage and I was trying for that look with my wedding card. The patterned paper was my inspiration. Hope you enjoy!


18 comments:

  1. Your card is perfect for any happy couple. I sure do like that bell with the long flowing ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love all the colours. You did a great job of the chic and vintage look. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your inking and the diamonds on the bells. I need to give that a try! :) So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaunia ja näyttävä hää-kortti
    Kiitos osallistumisesta ABC-haasteeseen
    Onnea arvontaan
    Aurinkoa sinun päiviisi<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous wedding card, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so lovely...You really created a wonderful creation that any loving couple could enjoy...Delightful work..TFS!!!

    Mistyrose
    Die Cuttin Diva

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty- love the border punch.TFS with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Glenda...this is so sweet!! I LOVE the papers you used....the punched work is so pretty..its a beautiful card !!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Glenda,
    I LOVE this card! The papers, trims, and borders all work so well. Just lovely.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Glenda! Very beautiful card. I love the borders on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is absolutely gorgeous thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Glenda, I hope you have had a great weekend. This is a beautiful card. I have this same paper but have not used it. What great inspiration.
    I have a new award for you over on my blog.Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love the color choices and patterns! It all goes together so nicely! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty. Glad you joined us this week at cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the sketch you used and pink is my favorite color. Great job on the wedding challenge. Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glenda, this is gorgeous. Love the colors. It is also a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful card....great touch with the glitter! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete